We’re excited to welcome everyone to the Gladys Porter Zoo.
After reviewing the updated guidance from the CDC and conferring with local health officials and animal care staff we are updating our safety measures. As part of our updated measures we are requiring facial coverings be worn to enter the Zoo, in all buildings and while participating in any animal feeding encounters. Facial coverings are not required while walking outdoors. Animal care, maintenance, and grounds staff that are vaccinated will not be required to wear a mask while working outdoors. They can easily be identified by the COVID-19 vaccinated pin they will wear as part of their uniform. We’ve extended our hours for the spring and summer. We’ll be open daily, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on weekends 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Visitors can stay on Zoo grounds until dusk.
FOR OUR GUESTS WE ASK THAT YOU:
- Practice social distancing, please stay 6 feet away from other guests and staff
- Wear facial covering to enter the Zoo, while in buildings and at all feeding opportunities. This does not apply to children 5 and under or those with specific medical issues
- Follow one-way route through the Zoo
- Be mindful of “Food Free Zones”
FOR YOUR PROTECTION ZOO STAFF HAS IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING:
- Sanitation of public doorways, indoor flat surfaces, and railings has been tripled
- Additional hand sanitizer stations will be maintained throughout the park, as product is available
- Signage to wash hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Unvaccinated Zoo staff are required to wear masks
- Employees showing signs of illness will not be allowed at work
In addition, during this second phase of reopening, the public will be able to access most areas of the Zoo. Indoor facilities will be open with a 100% building occupancy and close at 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and 5:30 pm on weekends, with the exception of the bathrooms. The activities and facilities that are unavailable include Small World and goat yard, stingray, and flamingo feeding opportunities, and keeper chats and shows.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time! Should you have any questions regarding this matter, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Zoo office at (956) 546-7187 or membership office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (956) 546-7187 x343 or x344.