We are excited to welcome guests back to the Gladys Porter Zoo! For the health and safety of our guests, staff, and animals, we implemented a comprehensive reopening plan. As part of that plan we have made significant changes to the ticketing and entry process, as well as our daily operations. At this time, the Zoo will have limited capacity so all guests, including Gladys Porter Zoo Members, are now required to reserve their date and time slot to enter the Zoo by purchasing their tickets online in advance of their trip.
The Zoo will host member only days on June 4 – 7, 2020. Tickets for members went on sale on June 2, 2020.
We will begin welcoming the general public to the Zoo on June 8, 2020. Tickets for the public will go on sale on June 5, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
FOR OUR GUESTS WE ASK THAT YOU:
- Practice social distancing, please stay 6 feet away from other guests and staff
- Wear facial covering when others are present This does not apply to children 5 and under or those with specific medical issues
- Follow one-way route through the Zoo
- Be mindful of “Food Free Zones”
FOR YOUR PROTECTION ZOO STAFF HAS IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING:
- Sanitation of public doorways, indoor flat surfaces, and railings has been tripled
- Additional hand sanitizer stations will be maintained throughout the park, as product is available
- Buildings will be open with 25% occupancy limit
- Playground is closed
- Signage to wash hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Zoo staff is required to wear masks
- Employees showing signs of illness will not be allowed at work
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time! Should you have any questions regarding this matter, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Zoo office at (956) 546-7187 or membership office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (956) 546-7187 x343 or x344.